Shri. Jose Manuel Noronha, born on 21st October, 1962, was appointed as the sole Member of Goa Public Service Commission on 04.03.2016 and was subsequently appointed as Acting Chairman from 18.03.2016.
Shri. Noronha's Educational qualifications are as follows:
- Master of Engineering (Industrial Engineering), Goa University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights Law, National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- Member, Institution of Engineers (India)-Mechanical Engineering
In addition, he has attended the following Executive Education Programs:
- Incubation Management and Technology Commercialization, University of Texas at Austin, (IC2 Institute) Texas, USA
- Driving Government Performance, Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Fundamentals of Technology Transfer for Incubator Managers,British High Commission and DST, New Delhi
- Training on Ground Water Remediation Technologies, Ecocycle Corporation, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Previous experience of Shri. Noronha is as follows:
- INDUSTRIAL:- Total three and half years (September 1994 -November 1997)
- TEACHING:- Twenty four years in various capacities
- Chairman, Goa State Pollution Control Board, Government of Goa, September 2012 to March 2016.
- Chairman, Goa State Environmental Impact Assessment Authority(SEIAA), Government of Goa, April 2010 to April 2013.
- Chairman, Programme Advisory and Monitoring Committee(PAMC),Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, May 2014 to March 2016.
- Member, Board of Governors, National Institute of Technology, Goa, September 2012 to September 2015.
- Member , Academic Council, Goa University, 2010-2012.
Currently Shri. Noronha holds the following additional positions:
- Chairman, National Committee on ‘Model Rules of Procedure’ for State Public Service Commissions.
- Chairman, Goa State Innovation Council.
- Chairman, Technical Evaluation Committee, Goa Solid Waste Management Corporation.
- Member, Standing Committee, National Conference of State Public Service Commissions.
He is widely travelled and visited the following countries USA, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hungary, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Greece, Poland, Denmark, Japan, Ivory Coast and Guinea Bissau.