Shri Jose Manuel Noronha, born on 21st October, 1962, is a Mechanical Engineer and holds a Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering. Shri Noronha was appointed as the sole Member of Goa Public Service Commission on 04.03.2016 and was subsequently appointed as Acting Chairman on 18.03.2016. Prior to his appointment at the Goa Public Service Commission, he was the Chairman of the Goa State Pollution Control Board, Government of Goa from 04.09.2012 to 04.03.2016.
Presently, Shri Noronha is holding the following additional positions:-
- Chairman, Goa State Innovation Council (GSInC).
- Chairman, Expert Commitee for Biomedical Waste, Department of Science & Technology, Government Of Goa.
Earlier he has held various positions in the State and Central Government bodies, some of them being:-
- Chairman, State Environment Impact Assessment Authority, Goa State (appointed by MoEF), Government India.
- Chairman, Programme Advisory and Monitoring Committee, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Member, Board of Governors, National Institute of Technology, Goa State.
- Member , Academic Council, Goa University.
- Member, Goa Environment Protection Council.
- CEO, Centre for Incubation and Business Acceleration (CIBA)
Shri Noronha is also trained in Business Incubation at the University of Texas, Austin at their IC2 Institute.
He is widely travelled and visited the following countries USA, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hungary, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Greece, Poland, Denmark, Japan, Ivory Coast and Guinea Bissau.